A delightful dessert in which can be made in advance so perfect for entertaining. A hint of rosemary gives an aromatic twist, use full or low fat cream cheese, perfect for entertaining.
Serves 8-10 people
prep time approx 15-20 minutes (refrigeration time 2-24 hrs)
- 250g ginger biscuits
- 450g full or low fat cream cheese
- 450g praline or good quality chocolate spread
- 1 tsp almond extract or oil
- 1 tsp brandy (optional)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 100g icing sugar (sieved)
- 75g butter (room temperature)
- 8" round or square sprung form tin
- Place the ginger biscuits into a blender and blitz.
- Add the butter and a teaspoon of the praline (or chocolate spread) then pulse until the ingredients are mixed to a crumb like texture.
- Place the biscuit mixture into the greased 8 inch round springform cake tin, smooth over to form a base then place into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Place the rest of the praline (or chocolate spread) into a bowl, add the rosemary, almond extract, brandy if desired and cream cheese.
- Mix in the icing sugar until the ingredients form a smooth consistency.
- After 1-2 hours remove the biscuit base from the fridge and spread the mixture over the base then place back into the fridge for at least 4 hours, leaving overnight is preferable.
- Remove from the fridge and release from the spring form tin.
- Garnish with spriggs of rosemary and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve slightly chilled from the fridge with cream or fresh raspberries.
Tina is the founder of Humble Herbs Products and the author of 'A Cooks Guide to Herbs'
Chris Notts Monday, 11 May 2015 14:18 Comment Link
Made this recipe for my mums birthday. Yummy yummy !