Great for picnics and can be stored for up to a week in a air tight container. These muffins are fruity with a hint of mint!
Humble Mint Muffins
Makes approx 10-12 muffins
Prep time 10-15mins cooking time 25-30minutes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 150g plain white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g mixed dried fruit
- 50ml milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 50ml vegetable oil
- You will need a 12 muffin cake tin and muffin cases
- Place the flour, salt, caster sugar and baking powder in a large bowl and gently mix together.
- In a large jug, add the milk and then add the beaten eggs and mix. Then add the vegetable oil and mix again, making sure all the eggs are beaten into the milk and oil to form a batter.
- Then add the milk and egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix.
- Add the chopped mint, vanilla extract and dried fruit to the batter, mix once again.
- Carefully pour the batter into the muffin cases filling 3/4 full.
- Place in a pre-heated oven 180C gas mark 4 for abot 20-25 minutes.
- Check with a skewer to see if the muffins are cooked through. Once cooked take out of the oven and place on a baking rack to cool.
- serve and enjoy.
Photography by mlrphoto.com
Tina is the founder of Humble Herbs Products and the author of 'A Cooks Guide to Herbs'