A gorgeous oven baked bread with a hint of Mint. Serve as a side dish or a snack matched well with cheese and olives with our Humble Herb Gooseberry Chutney.
Serves 4-6 people. Cooking time 35 mins pre p time about 2 hrs
- 500g/1 1lb strong white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Mint
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 sachets dried yeast (easy blend)
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 400ml cold water
- olive oil to drizzle
- pre-heat oven to 220C gas mark7
- In a large bowl place the flour, yeast, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and 3/4 (about 300ml) of the water and stir gently.
- Gently stir with your hand or wooden spoon to form a sticky dough.
- Then knead the dough in the bowl for at least 5-6 minutes. Then gradually add the mint leaves as you knead.
- Gently add the remains of the water to the dough and keep kneading and stretching the dough for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the dough onto a oiled surface and knead for 5 more minutes then place back into the bowl and cover. Leave until the dough has doubled in size.
- Oil a baking sheet or tin with the a tiny amount of the olive oil. Tip the dough mixture into the tin and stretch over the whole tin.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt over the dough and drizzle the dough mixture with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for at least 20-25minuites until the break is cooked. Check if the bread is cooked using a skewer.
- Once cooked, take out of the oven and place on a cooling tray.