A simple creamy light delicious dessert. Suitable for entertaining and can be made the day before.
prep time 5-10 mins
cooking time approx 5 mins
2 gelatine leaves
300ml double cream
300ml fresh milk
Vanilla pod (or 2 tsp of vanilla essence)
4 sprigs of Mint finely chopped
4 sprigs of mint
Icing sugar (to dust)
- Place the gelatine leaves into cold water for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Split the vanilla pod along it's length and scrape out the seeds.
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod with seeds, finely chopped mint and sugar into a pan then bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering remove the vanilla pod and discard.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves, then add to the pan and remove from the heat.
- Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Pour out the mixture into four ramekins and leave to cool.
- Place into the fridge for at least an hour, until set.
- To serve, turn each panna cotta out onto a serving plate. (Tip: To help release the panna cotta, place in warm water for a short period before turning out)
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and dust with icing sugar.
Tina is the founder of Humble Herbs Products and the author of 'A Cooks Guide to Herbs'