A creamy light dish using the fragrant herb Lemon-Thyme, perfect for a starter or main dish.
Serves 2-3 people
Prep time 10 mins
Cooking time approx 10-15 mins
6-8 sprigs of lemon-thyme
1kg fresh mussels (cleaned)
1 clove of garlish (crushed)
juice and rind of 1 lemon
1 large leek (chopped)
50ml single cream
50ml white wine
- Melt the butter on a low heat in a large pan.
- Add the leeks, garlic, lemon-thyme and lemon rind, stir gntly until the leeks are soft.
- Add the salt and lemon juice to the pan, then add the mussels, simmer with the lid on, on a low heat for at least 2 minutes.
- Once the mussels have opened, discard of any closed mussels and add the wine.
- Cook with the lid on for a further 2 minutes, making sure the mussels are cooked, then leave to rest for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, and cream then serve into warm bowls.
India Monday, 11 May 2015 14:15 Comment Link
Tried this recipe, absolutely marvellous!