A quick simple dish using pungent parsley. Great served as a starter or a light lunch with a green salad.
Parsley Panfried Chicken Livers
Prep time 10mins (overnight soaking)
Cooking time 5-7 minutes
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
300g Chicken Livers
1 red chilli pepper (de-seeded)
1 red onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 tablespoon sweet Sherry
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
- Put the chicken livers into a large bowl and pour the milk over the chicken livers, leaving to soak for 2-3 hours or placed in fridge overnight if possible.
- Once the chicken livers have soaked overnight, strain the livers from the milk.
- Place the red chilli, red onion, and two thirds of the parsley into a blender and blitz for 30 seconds.
- Dust the chicken livers with the flour, making sure they are all coated.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil, once heated add the chilli, parsley and red onion mix and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the flour dusted chicken livers to the pan and pan fry for 2minutes until the livers have a slight brown coating.
- Add the sherry and the soya sauce, salt and pepper to season and cook for a further minute trying not to overcook the livers, leaving the chicken livers slightly pink inside.
- Once cooked take off the heat and place onto some warm toast then sprinkle the remains of the parsley on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy.