With the aroma of Basil and the freshness of mint, a delicious salt to use either as a rub for meats and fish or just sprinkled over your favourite dishes.
Basil and Mint Herb Salt
Makes approx 100g
100g sea salt flakes
2 tablespoons Chopped basil leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Place the sea salt in a pestle and mortar or a food processor.
- Add the basil leaves and the mint leaves
- Blitz or bash until the crystals are small and green.
- Leave to dry in a cool place.
- Once the salt is dry place in a steralised jar and store in a cool place.
- Use within 4-6 weeks.
Tina is the founder of Humble Herbs Products and the author of 'A Cooks Guide to Herbs'