Fantstic lavender sugar preserved in a jar. Used for cakes and bakes or delicious sprinkled over fresh fruit.
Luscious Lavender Sugar
Makes approx 500g
2 tablespoons lavender buds
500g Caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
- Roughly chop or grind the lavender buds and place into a clean bowl.
- Add the caster sugar and stir.
- Using a sharp knife, gently split the vanilla pod down the middle scraping out the seeds.
- Place the seeds into the sugar mix then gently stir until all the seeds have blended with the sugar and lavender.
- Place the sugar mixture into an air tight container or jar, adding the remains of the vanilla pod.
- Store in a dark place for at least 3 weeks, then ready to use.
Tina is the founder of Humble Herbs Products and the author of 'A Cooks Guide to Herbs'