Delicious on their own or warmed through served with cream, baked with a rosemary twist in perfect harmony!
Makes 9-12 bakes
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
250g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
100g golden caster sugar
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
50ml rapeseed oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
100g chocolate small chocolate chunks
9-12 cup cake or muffin cases
1 x 12 cupcake or muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 180c Gas Mark 4
- Place the flour in a large bowl then add the cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt and gently stir.
- In a separate bowl add the milk, rapeseed oil and eggs then whisk gently making sure all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together using a wooden spoon.
- Then add the chopped rosemary, chocolate chunks and vanilla essence and stir.
- Once all the ingredients are combined pour the mixture into the cake cases.
- Pop into the oven and bake for at least 20 – 25 minutes.
- Check the bakes with a skewer, when cooked clean, leave to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Tina is the founder of Humble Herbs Products and the author of 'A Cooks Guide to Herbs'