A delightful white chocolate creamy desert with a hint of mint, a fabulous treat to share with family and friends.
Minty White Chocolate Dessert!
Serves 6-8 people Prep time 15-20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon finely choped mint
- 4 sheets gelatin
- 15g cornflour
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250ml single cream
- 250ml full fat milk
- 200g white chocolate
- Place the gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water and leave to soak.
- In a small saucepan mix together a little of the milk with the corn flour until smooth then add the rest of the milk, sugar, vanilla essence and cream
- Add the finely chopped mintand leave for five minutes for the mint to infuse the mixture.
- Slowly bring the mixture to the boil over a medium heat whilst stirring, the mixture will thicken as it get hot.
- Once the mixture startsto boil immediately remove from the heat.
- Take the gelatin leaves and gently squeeze out any excess water then add them to the pan, stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Next add the white chocolate chunks, again keep stirring until completely dissolved and the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Take a 700ml jelly mould and pass the mixture through a small sieve to remove any of the chopped mint and lumps from the mixture.
- When the mixture is cool, place into the fridge for at least two hours to set. (overnight is best)
- Once the mixture has set you can remove the dessert from the mould by carefully lowering the mould into hot water for a few seconds then place a plate over the top and invert. The mixture should come away cleanly.
- Decorate the dessert with either edibla flowers or chocolates for a fabulous looking treat.