A delicious healthy breakfast with the basil aroma of summer, a great start to a perfect summers day.
Prep time 10-15mins
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
100ml peach yogurt
100g watermelon chopped
1 kiwi sliced
(Basil leaves optional for decoration)
- Place the yogurt at the bottom of a small glass bowl to create a base.
- Then sprinkle two thirds of the granola on top of the yogurt making a smooth layer.
- In a separate bowl add the chopped basil, watermelon and sliced kiwi and stir gently until all the ingredients have mixed together.
- Carefully place the kiwi slices neatly around the side of the bowl making a pattern around the edge of the bowl.
- Place the watermelon on top of the granola to create another layer on top.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the granola on top of the watermelon and decorate with basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Photography & Recipe by Tina Richardson - This recipe will be featured in the July 2016 issue Hertfordshire Life Magazine.
Tina is the founder of Humble Herbs Products and the author of 'A Cooks Guide to Herbs'