A great way of using up past their best tomatos from the garden, a light tangy sauce with the full flavour of lamb, with a hint of apple mint.
Serves 3-4 people. prep time 20-25mins. Cooking time 15-20mins.
prep time 15- 20mins.
Cooking time 10-15mins
500g minced lamb
2 tablespoons chopped apple mint
1tsp black pepper
1 tablespoons coconut oil
(For the sauce)
1 can chopped cherry tomatoes
200g fresh cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoons apple mint leaves (chopped)
Salt & pepper
- Place the lamb mince in a large bowl, then add the breadcrumbs, egg and apple mint.
- With clean hands or a spoon mix all the ingredients together, then add salt and pepper to season.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll into your hands to make a ball then place to one side. Complete the process until all the ingredients are shaped.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan then carefully place the meat balls into the pan, keeping the meatballs moving so they don`t stick to the pan. Cook for at least 5 minutes.
- Once the meatballs have cooked through and are golden brown, add the tinned tomatoes and cherry tomatoes to the pan, add salt and pepper and gently stir.
- Add the apple mint leaves to the dish and cover and cook for a futher 5-10minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve.