A lunch or teatime fruity snack with a sweet scent of lemongrass.
Makes 9-12 bars
Prep time 30mins – Cooking time 40mins -1 hour
2 lemongrass stalks
300g porridge oats
100g golden sugar
150g golden syrup
1 tsp olive oil
1 lined 20cm x 8cm tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 150c 300f. Line the baking tin with greaseproof paper then brush over the baking paper with the olive oil.
- Place the butter into a large pan then place the pan on a low heat until the butter has melted.
- Take the lemongrass and bash them slightly to release their flavour, then place the stalks into the butter and place them back on a very low heat for 2 minutes.
- Once the lemongrass has released their flavour, carefully take out the stalks, then add the golden sugar and syrup to the butter. Stir slowly until all the sugar and syrup has dissolved.
- Take the mixture off the heat then gradually add the porridge oats and mix altogether.
- Slowly add the sultanas then place the mixture into the baking tin, press down with a back of a wooden spoon, until the mixture is even.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown, once cooked take out of the oven and leave to cool.
- When the flapjacks are cooled, remove from the tin and cut into slices.