A simple warming slow cook supper made with some of Hertfordshire's greatest ingredients, perfect for sharing with family & friends as a bonfire night treat!
Prep time 20-25 minutes cooking time 40-45 minutes.
Serves 2-3 three people.
2 sprigs sage
2 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
6 pork & herb sausages
250g small potatoes (sliced)
100ml chicken stock
1 can baked beans
1 onion (chopped)
25g mushrooms (sliced)
Salt & pepper
1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
Rapeseed oil for frying
- Place the sliced potatoes in a pan of water, then bring to the boil and cook for 5-7 minutes, drain and leave the potatoes to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c gas mark 6
- In a large pan, fry the sausages, until golden brown, once browned cut the sausages into small sections and place in an oven proof dish.
- Fry off the onions and mushrooms adding a teaspoon of salt. Once brown add to the sausages.
- Add the rosemary, thyme and sage to the oven dish then stir in the baked beans then add the Worcester sauce.
- Place the sliced cooked potatoes on top of the dish then gently pour over the chicken stock.
- Dot the butter on top of the potatoes and season with salt & pepper.
- Place in the oven and leave to cook for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Once cooked leave to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.