A great way of storing herbs is the freezer. These herb cubes are great for popping into stews, soups and sauces.
Makes around 12 cubes.
I ice cube tray
12 teaspoons chopped fennel
150ml fresh water
- Strip the fennel leaves from thier stalks and gently rinse under the tap, then leave to dry.
- After removing as much moisture as possible, chop the fennel in small pieces.
- Place the fennel leaves into the cubes, then top up with fresh water.
- Place in the deep freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Once the fennel cubes have frozen, remove the herb cubes from the tray ans store in a air tight freezer bag.