Pancakes you can make in your blender using rolled oats, matched perfectly with sour cream & chives.
Oat Pancakes with Sour Cream & Chives
Makes 6-8 pancakes
Prep time 5-10mins - Cooking 1-2 minutes
3 tablespoons chopped chives
200g rolled oats
200ml soya milk
1 pinch salt
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g sour cream
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a blender blitz the rolled oats until they are grounded to a flour consistency.
- Add to the ground oats, a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, 1 tablespoon of sour cream and 1 egg and blitz again for 1 minute.
- Then add the soya milk, a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of chopped chives to the mixture then blitz for a further minute.
- Pour the batter into a jug for easy pouring.
- On a medium heat, heat the oil in a shallow non-stick frying pan until the oil slightly starts to smoke, then pour in 2-3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Mix the remainder of the chives into the sour cream and serve with the pancakes.