Pancakes you can make in your blender using rolled oats, matched perfectly with sour cream & chives.
Oat Pancakes with Sour Cream & Chives
Makes 6-8 pancakes
Prep time 5-10mins - Cooking 1-2 minutes
3 tablespoons chopped chives
200g rolled oats
200ml soya milk
1 pinch salt
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g sour cream
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a blender blitz the rolled oats until they are grounded to a flour consistency.
- Add to the ground oats, a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, 1 tablespoon of sour cream and 1 egg and blitz again for 1 minute.
- Then add the soya milk, a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of chopped chives to the mixture then blitz for a further minute.
- Pour the batter into a jug for easy pouring.
- On a medium heat, heat the oil in a shallow non-stick frying pan until the oil slightly starts to smoke, then pour in 2-3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Mix the remainder of the chives into the sour cream and serve with the pancakes.
Tina is the founder of Humble Herbs Products and the author of 'A Cooks Guide to Herbs'