Use leftover chicken to create this creamy pot pie with a rosemary twist. For a more healthy version use skimmed milk and low fat cream.
Chicken & Rosemary Pot Pie
Makes 3-4 portions
Prep time 15-20 minutes
Cooking time 20-25 minutes
250g shredded cooked chicken (breast, leg or thigh)
100g chestnut mushrooms
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
250g ready made puff pastry
50ml single cream
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoons black pepper
1 egg (beaten)
1 tablespoons water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c gas mark 4.
- Place the butter in a saucepan, on a medium heat until the butter has melted, then add the mushrooms and chopped rosemary, salt and pepper then cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Keeping the saucepan on a low heat, add the flour then stir. Once the flour has dissolved into the butter, gently add the milk to the mixture and whisk until you have a creamy smooth texture.
- Once the sauce has thickened slightly remove from the heat then add the cream, wholegrain mustard and shredded chicken.
- Mix all the ingredients together then pour the mixture into the pie dish.
- In a separate bowl add the water to the beaten egg to create an egg wash then brush the outer rim of the pie dish.
- Cut the puff pastry into small rounds enough to hang over the pie dish, place the pastry over the pie dish and pinch the edges to seal. Place a small hole in the middle of the pie then brush the lid with the egg wash. Place on a baking tray in the pre-heated oven for 20-25minutes.
- Once the pastry has turned golden brown and cooked through, take the pie out of the oven and leave to rest for 1-2 minutes then serve.