A great addition to any barbecue feast, using the delicate flavours of wild garlic.
Makes 4-6 burgers
Prep time 15-20 minutes
Refrigeration 1 hour
Cooking time 8-10 minutes
- 500g beef mince
- 100g wild garlic leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 50g salted butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the beef mince in a large bowl then add half the chopped wild garlic leaves, ground fenugreek and lime zest.
- Mix all the ingredients together, add the chopped red onion, salt, pepper, lime, juice then mix.
- Once the mixture has combined together, add the egg and the water to the mix to make the mixture more pliable.
- Using wet hands, place some of the mixture into your hands making a burger shape, about half inch thick and continue until all the burgers are made. Place the burgers onto a plate, then cover with cling film and keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Place the butter and the remaining chopped garlic chives into a food processor and gently blitz for 30-40 seconds. When all the wild garlic leaves have combined with the butter, scoop out and place the butter into a small dish.
- Take the burgers out of the fridge and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the burgers on a hot griddle or barbecue, brush with oil and cook for at least 3-4 minutes each side, resting for 1-2 minutes.
- Once rested serve onto a warm bun base with salad and then drizzle the wild garlic chive butter over the burger, place the burger bun on top of the burger and enjoy!