A delicious twist on a classic recipe using sage a perfect bonfire night supper.
Prep time – 10-15 mins
Cooking time (total) 20mins
- 2 chopped tablespoons of sage
- 4-6 sausages or chipolatas
- 2 eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 100ml milk
- pinch of salt
- vegetable oil
- muffin tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of olive oil to each hole of a muffin tin (and put the tins into the oven to get the oil sizzling hot for approx10 minutes.
- Chop each of the 12 chipolatas or sausages into three roughly equal sized pieces.
- Make the Yorkshire pudding batter by adding the plain flour, milk and eggs to a large bowl and whisk thoroughly, then add the chopped sage and salt.
- Remove the tin with hot oil from the oven. Quickly add two or three pieces of chipolata or sausage to each hole and then pour over the batter mix distributing it evenly between the holes.
- Return the tin to the oven and cook for 20 minutes until the Yorkshire puddings are puffed up and crisp and the sausages are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.