Fight away the winter blues with this delicious warming cocoa drink with a delicate coconut & spearmint twist.
Prep time 5-10mins
Cooking time 3-5mins
2 sprigs fresh spearmint
1 pint coconut flavoured rice milk
2 tablespoons fair trade cocoa powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
30ml whipped cream
Mini marshmallows (to decorate)
- Place the rice milk, cocoa powder and sugar into a large saucepan and place the saucepan on a very low heat.
- Take a balloon whisk and mix all the ingredients gently together until the mixture becomes smooth in texture, then add the spearmint sprigs.
- Infuse the spearmint springs for at least 2-3 minutes, gently stirring and then take the spearmint sprigs out of the saucepan.
- Keep gently whisking until the liquid comes to boiling point then remove immediately from the heat and place the hot cocoa into heatproof mugs.
- Add the whipped cream on top of the hot cocoa drink, sprinkle on top the mini marshmallows and dust with sieved cocoa powder and enjoy.