Bring some sparkle to the table with this sweet treat for the festive season, infused with aromatic rosemary, a perfect light fruity after dinner treat.
Prep time 10-15mins
Refrigeration time 2 hours
Makes approx. 6-8 servings
- 1 x100g Blueberries
- 1 x Pomegranate
- 2 Sprigs rosemary
- 4 Gelatine leaves
- 2 Tablespoons caster sugar
- 400ml Sparkling rose wine
- Edible glitter (optional)
- 6-8 Jelly 5-7 cm round moulds
- Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of water and soak for 4-5 minutes. Until the leaves soften.
- Remove the juicy pips from the pomegranate by bashing the back of the fruit with a wooden spoon.
- In a large pan place the caster sugar, rosemary sprigs, and sparkling rose wine then gently bring to the boil.
- Once boiled reduce the heat and then add the soaked gelatine leaves, squeezing as much excess water out as possible.
- With a wooden spoon gently stir the mixture until the gelatine leaves have dissolved then take out the rosemary sprigs, leave to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the jelly mixture has cooled add a ¼ teaspoon of glitter (optional) and then pour the mixture into the jelly moulds, adding a few blueberries and pomegranate pips to each mould, then leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours or even better overnight.
- To serve- remove the jellies from the moulds by placing under a tap of warm running water then, tip out onto a plate. Sprinkle with some edible glitter (optional) to create your own festive after dinner dish.